South East Conservative European Network’s Mission and Objectives
“Committed to developing a strong, collaborative and mutually beneficial relationship with the European Union”
The South East Conservative European Network (SECEN) is committed to generating and vigorously promoting innovative thinking and ideas that enable the United Kingdom to develop a strong, collaborative and mutually beneficial relationship with the European Union, following its’ decision to leave. This particularly applies to trade, security, research and education, and culture. In pursuit of this mission, the Network will work with local, national and European stakeholders across politics, business, academia and society.
OBJECTIVES OF THE NETWORK
- To support the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party.
- To provide an informal Forum for Conservative Party members in the South East region for the promotion of interest, discussion and activity on European matters.
- To develop and communicate thinking and ideas about the type of relationship which will evolve between the United Kingdom and the European Union, ensuring that it remains as close and effective as possible.
- To engage a broader group of Conservative Members/supporters who are sympathetic to Britain remaining close to the European Union. This could include an ongoing regular survey of views of
Conservative Party Members and supporters on issues concerning the European Union.
- To organise and administer a fund-raising club.
- To do all such other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives or any of them.